“ITS will be recognized by students, parents, the education community, and policymakers as the world leader in the education of pre-collegiate students of high academic ability. The programs will serve all qualified students regardless of their ability to pay.” –– ITS Vision
ITS seeks to provide a three-part mission of teaching, research, and service. ITS:
Seeks students of the highest academic ability through its talent search and offers them challenging educational opportunities that develop the intellect, encourage achievement, and nurture social development.
- Conducts research and evaluation studies that advance knowledge about gifted education; develops best practices in educating highly able children; and disseminates its findings to parents, the education community, and policymakers.
- Supports educators in their efforts to meet the needs of highly able students, assists parents in advocating for their gifted children and participates actively in community service.
ITS Bermuda is the first and only organization in Bermuda:
- designed to nurture talented students.
- to offer classes for talented students in both private and public schools.
- to sponsor an island-wide Annual Math Olympiad.
- to use an academic Talent Search to identify talented students.